Last modified: July 1, 2014
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
Mobile-specific information we collect
Information you provide – When you sign up for a WebMobi Account, we ask you for personal information including, but not limited to, first and last name and email address.
- We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- Log information – When you access the Site via a browser our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to WebMobi, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, or submit communications regarding mobile application services, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our Services.
- Content – Content you post, publish, or display on WebMobi to create your web site.
Most of the personally identifying information we collect is what you tell us about yourself.
- We record your phone number when you send it to us.
- If sent to us, we will associate your phone number with your WebMobi Account.
Most of the other information we collect for mobile, such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, the content of your request, and basic usage stats about your device and use of WebMobi mobile application services does not by itself identify you to WebMobi, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our Services (including advertising services) and develop new services based on user activity and preferences; and
Protect the rights or property of WebMobi or our users.
Store, process and maintain your content in order to provide the Service to you.
Content you create with WebMobi may, if you choose, be read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or, again if you choose, by people you do not know. We suggest avoiding sharing sensitive information. However, if you choose to do so, use care when sharing.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
WebMobi processes personal information on Amazon Web Services. WebMobi uses Amazon Web Services to host its infrastructure. Amazon Web Services servers are located in the United States of America, Europe and Asia. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You may terminate your use of WebMobi at any time.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some WebMobi features and Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
WebMobi only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of WebMobi in the following limited circumstances:
We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WebMobi, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and strategic structuring of our infrastructure.
We restrict access to personal information to WebMobi employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use WebMobi Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.