PM Narendra Modi’s government is set to launch the dream app, which will bring 200+services offered by Central, State and Local government body under a single platform.
UMANG is the abbreviation for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. Being developed by the union ministry of communication and information technology’s national e-governance division, the government is still looking for a private agency to work together on the launch of this project.
What Services will be offered?
The aim is to provide services to the needy citizen any time round the clock. Most of the government services which will make its place in the centralized app are National Scholarship, Healthcare applications, Passport Seva, Tax filing, IRTC, CBSE/State Education boards, Utility bills, Women safety, e-court, PF/NPS, Mother and Child tracking, Commercial tax GST, Networks and systems, Public distribution system, E-Municipality, Transport vahan/sarathi, m-Kisan, Land records. The government plans to add 50 services this year and gradually scale up to 200 services in the next three years.
How to access this services?
Hailed as ‘Mother of all app’, UMANG can be accessed with smartphones and the Internet. This app can be accessed in 13 languages including English and will be available for android, iOS and windows.
Features of the app:
The app will be designed in such a way that it will remember citizen personal and preference details required to access the department service.
- Documents such as Aadhar card, PayGov and DigiLocker with also be a part of this platform.
- The app will have transaction details so that users can reach to the concerned authorities if in case anything goes wrong.
- Citizens can store their documents in the secure government cloud using DigiLocker.
- Users can share the digital certificates through the app thus, they need not visit the departments physically.
- Aadhar card authentication will be enabled for services and PAN card authentication for non-aadhar enabled services.
- Live Chat support will be enabled for citizen’s assistance.
We can expect UMANG to be available for use sooner this year.