5 Ways to make the best use of the live polls:
1. Choose the correct time in the event to engage the audience with live poll: It is important to understand the flow of the event so that the best time to engage audience with live polls can be decided. It can be used to collect feedback in real time and improve interaction. Audience will also have a good impression about your event because you are providing them an opportunity to express their thoughts on a certain topic that is relevant to the event. It can be conducted between sessions, after a long session or before starting any sessions to refresh the mind. These feedback are valuable and can be used to learn and make better decisions in the future.
2. Choose the correct poll type: There are types of audience engagement tools available which can be used depending upon the event type. It is important to study the event before deciding on which one you should go for. Understanding the kind of audience is also important.
Here, we will talk about few types live poll and other audience engagement tools that can be used:
- Word cloud: Introduce word clouds and let your participants generate word clouds easily. Collect feedback on any topic easily in real time and display the words in an attractive and eye-catching manner. What happens in the end result is all the words that are answered will appear randomly and the most common answer appears bigger in size and so the size of other answers will decrease.
- Multiple Choice Questions: In this poll type, You can create a question and give options for the audience to choose from and the audience will have to select one option. The results can be presented on the big screen.
- Star ratings: Star ratings can also be used to get feedback. Questions can be asked and the audience will be able to rate a product, service, sessions or more by giving stars.
3. Create interesting questions in relevant to the event: Depending upon the event, live polls questions should be created. Live poll is a great option to create the improve audience engagement and also to get their opinions. Keeping these things in mind, one should design the questions asked. Questions could be around the nature of the event, Opinions about certain topics that may become relevant and useful in the future, To get feedback on the event etc. Live polls questions should be designed in a way that it’s easy for the audience to answer.
4. Give proper instruction: Before starting any session in the event, it is very important to give proper instruction to the audience. Same goes for any audience engagement activities. If we are conducting live polls, Q&As or quizzes. Prior information should be given to the audience so that they understand what is going. Instructions should be given to the audience on how to submit their answer as well.
5. Try to use the results of the live polls for further discussion: The feedback collected can be used in order to learn more about what people are really looking for and to make better decisions in the future. These feedback are invaluable because
If you want to learn more about events, please visit our Facebook page.
4 Tips to Improve Audience Engagement During Events
Every event planner needs to come up with some ways or the other to engage their audience. This will make the event more vibrant, fun and also a good learning experience. In order to improve audience engagement, we need to keep up with time and use various tools and ideas to improve engagement during the event. Consider trying out these 4 tips to improve engagement in your events.
- Gamification: When we are talking about audience engagement, fun contests can be conducted during events to make it more interesting, it helps to build the interest of the audience. Treasure hunts, quizzes, and other contests are some examples. Points can be rewarded to the winners which can be converted into some rewards. A leader board can be arranged and shown on the big screen. Virtual event planners should try conducting fun quizzes as well. It adds some fun elements and also helps them to enjoy the event. These kind of fun activities can be scheduled properly. Awarding points is a great idea to encourage some light hearted friendly competition.
- Engage the audience with live polls: Live polls are great for encouraging engagement. Engaging the audience in the virtual events might be difficult because this was not the way events used to happen before the pandemic. But since we are in such a situation, event planners should always look forward to new techniques that can be used to engage the audience in the virtual events or In-person events. Live polls is one of the techniques to engage the audience in events. Using this features keep the audience attentive during the events and makes it more interesting. It helps in increasing interactions in the event. Live polls can be used to get the feedback from the audience as well and to help them understand it better. It also gives audience a platform to put up their thoughts. Word clouds, multiple choice live polls etc can be used for this purpose.
- Use Q&A feature to interact with the audience: Interacting with audience during an event helps creating more engagement. Conducting question and answer session during live streaming sessions gives the chance to the audience to put forth their options or doubts. It helps in making the session interactive. Also conducting such sessions during live streaming sessions makes it easy to answer the questions as the question that is being answered can be highlighted and shown on the big screen so that people know which question is being answered. Up voting of questions can be introduced so that the question that has the most number of votes can be answered in case of shortage of time. All the questions can be displayed as well but in case you want to show only the relevant ones, moderation is also an option. Inappropriate questions can be filtered this way and only the relevant ones can be displayed on the big screen.
- Live streaming: Live streaming is a great option to engage the audience and connect with the participant within the seconds. You can give presentations, demonstrations and more. It can help in connecting with the audience better. On top of this, features like live polls, quizzes, Q&A sessions can be conducted during a live streaming session so that more engagement is there. Live streaming can be used during virtual events as well. We have limited options when we are conducting virtual events because of the lack of face to face interaction but live streaming session can provide a pretty close experience. If you want to learn more about events, please visit our Facebook page.
11 tips to make your first virtual event a success
We live in a time where traveling is not easy, mass gatherings are risky and interaction is not as fast paced and natural like it used to be. Even as the world slowly recovers from the pandemic that shook us all, We haven’t recovered fully and it will probably take some time to get back to a life that is close to what we had so it is safe to assume that virtual events will still be relevant in the years to come. Even though it lacks a lot of things that in-person events have, it helps us interact, have virtual gatherings and stay on track. Many elements of virtual events have improved over the last couple of years, making it more versatile and effective. Here are 11 tips to help you organize your first virtual event with success.
- Website for the virtual event:
Having a website dedicated to the event is the first necessary step in order to ensure the virtual event happens. It can be used to promote the event, and it is also where interested potential attendees can register for the event. All the details including the agendas, speakers and information regarding the event should be easily accessible here so that visitors don’t feel lost. Simplicity should be the key focus when making an event website.
- Simple registration process:
Registration is one of the most important steps when it comes to events. Whether it is an in-person event or a virtual event, people need to register themselves in order to attend the event. Preferences, information and payments can be submitted here. The registration process should be made straightforward and easy to go through, It should be made in a way that payments made are secure. Not all the attendees are tech savvy and we don’t want people to be abandoning the idea of attending the event because of a frustrating registration experience.
- Simple check-ins: The check-in process should be designed focused on simplicity and security as well. It should be fast, seamless and accurate for different categories via name, e-Ticket, QR-code or on-site registration. Face check ins or app check ins can be enabled to make the process easier.
Not everyone is familiar with virtual events. It gained prominence after the pandemic hit us and it involves technology, a lot of technology. This is why proper guidance, emails, instructions need to be sent out to people involved in the event. This will make sure the event runs smoothly.
- Reduce chances of technical difficulties:
Virtual events depend on technology. A lot of technical issues can happen as a result of it. Proper care needs to be given and the right skill needs to be applied in order to ensure that technical difficulties are reduced to the minimum. Double check things before giving it the “go” signal.
- Mobile app and web portal:
People need a platform to attend the event. A web portal dedicated to the event and a mobile app should be prepared and made available to the people involved without any hassle. It should be easy to use and simple.
Live polls can be conducted during the meeting either during a live streaming session, video conferences or a speaker session. This will help in understanding the audience better, the feedback can be collected and used to make better decisions in the future. Ratings, rankings and other opinions can be collected to better understand how the event is doing and how it can be improved. This also creates engagement and can make the event very interactive and fun for the audience. Q&A sessions can be conducted to make the event more interactive as well. People can ask questions to the speakers and get their answers. This gives virtual events a human touch which otherwise would be very mechanical and boring. The questions can be moderated, displayed on the big screen to make it much more impactful and interesting.
Participation can be gamified during the event. Fun contests or quizzes can be conducted during the event and points can be awarded for participation or doing well in the contests. A leader board can be arranged and that can be shown on the big screen to announce the winners. This will make the event stand out and be a lot of fun for the audience.
1 on 1 video call facility should be there in order to give the attendees a chance to interact with the speakers.
During live streaming sessions, polls, quizzes or Q&As can be integrated to make it interactive, engaging and effective. Demonstrations can be easily given in the stream and questions can be answered.
- Proper Conclusion: The conclusion should be proper and meaningful. A proper announcement can be given to the attendees announcing the end of the event. We don’t want an event to end all of a sudden because of technical issues. A thank you message can be displayed on the screen, farewells can be given properly in order to make it worthwhile.
Hybrid events and virtual events are growing in prevalence and we are adapting to the new “normal”. While it is not possible to offer the experience of in-person events by using virtual events, it is still better than nothing and we keep moving forward until things improve in this transient time. To know more about events, please visit our Facebook page.
A webinar is a type of web-conferencing, it is a virtual seminar through which people can connect for presentations and real-time discussions from anywhere in the world. Speakers can present slides, share documents and audio despite not being there in the same location.
Various factors go into consideration while conducting an effective webinar, but to simplify it we’ve listed out the following:
- Choosing the perfect software
- Adhering to a checklist – To choose the perfect webinar software, making a list of specifications and features that you require from the software will be ideal. This way, you can browse through the various platforms and eliminate them based on their lack of features, this also saves time and makes the process more effective. Some crucial items to include in a checklist
- Does it allow two-way engagement and interaction? Does it support Surveys and Live Polls?
- Is it user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- Is there a free trial option?
- Does it have a downloadable application? Can it be used in a browser? Is it compatible with all browsers?
- Does it offer any other lead generational tools?
- Does it show analytics? What all does it show?
- Does it exceed the budget?
- Did it glitch in the demo?
Does it have automated reminders and other options in the calendar?
- Understanding the Objective and the Process
- Objectives – To generate leads for the webinar, the purpose must be clearly understood. Understanding what the attendees are gaining out of it, if they are the end-user, the buyer, or both, how many leads to generate, how to find out if the webinar was successful.
- Target Audience – To properly structure the content of the webinar so you can successfully influence your attendees, it is essential to understand the target audience. A suggestion is to create a buyer persona and to also keep key questions such as their age range, demographic, characteristics, their position in the company, in mind.
- Format – Deciding on a format for the webinar will ensure things run smoothly, firstly it consists of deciding a host, the number of hosts, and the duration. It also consists of heavy scheduling and deciding a time that is convenient for all the speakers and organizers.
One obvious way of promotion is to use emails, other social channels and network with people to get the word out, but there are various other efficient ways to market the webinar.
- Relevant Topic – To successfully implement this, you need to have understood your target audience. The webinar topic should be timely and relevant at the same time. Once the audience is clear, research can be conducted to narrow down what kind of words they use and topics the audience is interested in and this can be incorporated into the marketing material. Strong Search Engine Optimization strategies need to be implemented.
- User-friendly Registration Page – The page where potential audience members register needs to be easy to navigate and catered to them, therefore it helps to completely understand the audience and implement SEO to make it engaging for them. The website also needs to provide the qualifications and certifications of the speakers. To increase traffic, the registration page needs to be advertised in a newsletter, advertising campaigns can also be created and channels such as Google ads can be utilized.
- Automate Reminders – A very simple way of ensuring the audience members attend the event is to make it extremely easy for them to do so, sending reminders in emails and sending calendar links that they can add to their calendars will make attending your webinar a task that takes one click for the audience, increasing their chances of attending. It is a simple but effective way to ensure attendance.
The key objective of hosting a webinar is to keep it engaging and make it a win-win situation for all those that are present, to do that not only should the speaker be effective but the audience can be asked questions prompting them to participate and be a part of surveys and live polls. However, the webinar needs to be structured enough so that the Q&A time and the time taken to speak and give monologues do not interfere.
A follow-up is also a part of the process of conducting a webinar, various strategies can be implemented for a webinar follow-up. Sending a follow-up email is always a useful way to maintain a good relationship with the participants, following up with customers to maintain a stable relationship with them, also follow up with those who registered for the event but didn’t attend it and seek their insight. Conducting a survey and asking for suggestions and room for improvement is also very crucial.
Following these steps would no doubt lead to a very successful webinar since this article covered the most important aspects of conducting one. Webmobi is designed to cater to event-marketing and lead generation and is very easy to navigate. So if you’re looking for software to fulfill your webinar needs, look no further! To learn more, please visit our facebook page.
The COVID-19 pandemic has rendered every event organizer to make their event digital causing an uptick in virtual and hybrid events. Although they are arguably easy to navigate, an organizer might feel that monetizing virtual or hybrid events are more complicated, however, this isn’t true at all.
Virtual and Hybrid events:
Virtual and Hybrid events also allow the organizer to connect to sponsors, partners, and exhibitors. It also allows the forming of valuable connections with attendees. This article aims to change any preconceived notions about monetizing virtual and hybrid events.
To understand how to monetize these events, we first need to understand the current business model, there are four types of participants in the event:
People generally attend events for three reasons
- Learning something new
- Gaining new business leads
Several faults can be found with this business model, for instance, the organizers are not selling the outcome, they are capitalizing on the process. They should instead focus on the qualified leads that the exhibitors take home because then the exhibitors will know if the cost of lead acquisition is worth it.
Another important thing to note for monetization is to increase the number of participants, this can be done through updating the event content and coming up with new prospects so that more attendees can join the event, using social media effectively, monetizing the channel marketing efforts, making sure the attendees get to engage all the time, understanding attendee patterns and setting goals accordingly, acquiring leads online for the attendees.
A crucial thing to note about monetization is that the sponsors and exhibitors must be given prime importance, integrating familiar features of event technology to showcase the sponsors and exhibitors adds more value to the sponsorship
1. Sponsoring Profiles and Groups
Having company profiles will allow the attendees to have a comprehensive understanding of the event, the sponsors, the exhibitors, and the partners. The attendees can also learn about the company in detail. Including important details such as contact details also allows for networking and they can contact the exhibitors after the event.
Organizing these profiles into sections or categories can help distinguish the relevance of the individuals to the attendees. Other things that can be displayed include sponsorship tiers and exhibitor listings.
2. Sponsor Banner Ads
This captures the attention of the attendees and should be ideally included in sections that receive traffic on your website or other virtual spaces. This is an opportunity to promote the brand and can also help sponsors measure their ROI.
3. Sponsor Widgets
Another way to capture the attention of the attendees is by employing home screen widgets. The attendees can conveniently access the event information and peruse through the company profiles as well as the virtual exhibitor booths.
Connecting on virtual platforms might seem inconvenient but in reality, there are more attendees for virtual events than those for in-person events as there are no geographical limitations. The company profiles will allow the attendees to receive contact information and they can network with each other at their convenience.
5. Virtual Exhibitor Booths
This attempts to create the same experience that exhibitors and sponsors try to achieve in physical events. This will require the creation of profiles that provide the necessary information about the company to the attendees.
The exhibitors will also be presenting either through live broadcasts or through pre-recorded content. The attendees can be guided to the demonstrations and sponsored sessions through links.
Integrating gamification is an efficient way for the attendees to network with particular sponsors or exhibitors at the event. Gamification includes challenges that reward the attendees, this acts as an incentive to visit more profiles, attending a demo, meeting a company representative. Prize packages can also be included to increase participation and motivation amongst the attendees.
There are many ways to increase monetization, the prime objective here being to showcase the sponsors, partners, and exhibitors at the events. Introducing gamification elements, virtual exhibitor booths, and integrating robust company profiles is a guarantee for success.
To learn more about virtual hybrid events please visit our facebook page