Virtual events have become increasingly popular in recent years. They allow businesses and organizations to interact with their customers and employees from anywhere in the world. They are also a great way to promote your company and attract new customers. However, conducting a successful virtual event can be challenging.
In this article, you will learn important tips that will be useful for event planning and conducting a successful virtual event.
What are virtual events and why are they becoming more popular?
As technology advances, so do the ways in which we can connect with people around the world. One of the newest and most popular ways to connect with others is through virtual events. Virtual events are online gatherings that allow people from all over to come together to participate in a common activity. There are many reasons why virtual events are becoming more popular.
Hosting virtual event is an excellent way to reach a large audience without having to leave the comfort of your office. Plus, it’s a great way to connect with potential customers and partners from all over the world.
1. Cost-effective: Hosting Virtual events is more cost-effective than physical events. You don’t have to pay for travel or lodging costs to go to your target audience. You can reach a larger audience without having to leave your office.
2. Convenience: Virtual events are more convenient for participants.
3. Event management: You can use virtual tools to manage all your event details, such as registration and communication.
4. Ease of planning and organizing the live event: Virtual events require less planning and less effort to organize. With the help of our website, you can easily create a schedule for the entire process from promotion to follow-up activities.
5. Virtual event platform: Virtual events can be held anywhere in the world because of the virtual event platform. You don t have to worry about who will be able to attend or where you should hold your event.
Importance of virtual event planning
When it comes to event success, planning is key. But what happens when you can’t be there in person? Enter virtual event planning for event success. By using event technology, you can still be a part of the action, no matter where you are in the world. Here are just a few good reasons why virtual event planning is so important:
1) You can reach a larger audience.
2) You can save money on travel and accommodation costs.
3) You don’t have to worry about weather conditions.
4) You can still interact with participants.
5) You can get more out of your event budget.
6) You can create a more personal experience for participants.
How to plan a successful virtual event
Virtual events have become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to connect with customers and partners without the need for expensive travel. By following a few simple steps, you can ensure that your virtual event is successful.
– Goal: First, determine your goals for the event. What do you hope to achieve in the event platform?
– Target audience: create a plan for how you will reach your target audience. Plan to advertise the event well in advance, and make sure that the logistics are in order so that the event attendees can easily join in.
– Content: Consider what type of content you will offer to the event attendees, and make sure that it is engaging and relevant to your target audience.
– Practice: Test the technology ahead of time to make sure that everything runs smoothly on the day of the live event.
Ways to market your virtual event
Virtual events and hybrid events are becoming a popular way to connect with customers and partners. By using webinars, you can reach a large audience without having to leave your office or travel. Here are four tips to help you market your virtual event:
– Event strategy and marketing plan: Start by creating a strong marketing plan. Your plan should include the goals of your event, the target audience, the engagement tools, and the strategies you will use to reach them for event success.
– Social media: Use social media to promote your event. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn offer great opportunities to reach potential attendees. You can also create a message board that allows you to reach potential attendees.
– Advertisement: Use media to promote your event. You can advertise in places like newspapers, magazines, and even radio and television stations. Consider advertising on the internet and in outdoor formats. Outdoor ads are a great way to reach potential attendees. You can also use billboards or even posters to advertise your event.
– Email marketing: Send email invitations to your contacts list. Make sure to personalize each invitation and provide clear information about the event.
Tips for keeping the audience engaged
– Website for the virtual event:
Having a website dedicated to the event is the first necessary step in order to ensure the virtual event happens. It can be used to promote the event, and it is also where interested potential attendees can register for the event.
All the details including the agendas, speakers, and information regarding the event should be easily accessible here so that visitors don’t feel lost. Simplicity should be the key focus when making an event website for the live event as well as the upcoming events..
– Simple registration process:
Registration is one of the most important steps when it comes to events. Whether it is an in-person event or a virtual event, people need to register themselves in order to attend the event. Preferences, information, and payments can be submitted here.
The registration process should be made straightforward and easy to go through, It should be made in a way that payments made are secure. Not all the attendees are tech-savvy and we don’t want people to be abandoning the idea of attending the event because of a frustrating registration experience.
– Simple check-ins: The check-in process should be designed focused on simplicity and security as well. It should be fast, seamless, and accurate for different categories via name, e-Ticket, QR-code, or on-site registration. Face check-ins or app check-ins can be enabled to make the process easier.
-Proper guidance: Not everyone is familiar with virtual events and hybrid events. It gained prominence after the pandemic hit us and it involves technology, a lot of event technology. This is why proper guidance, emails, and instructions need to be sent out to people involved in the event. This will make sure the event runs smoothly.
– Reduce chances of technical difficulties of the event technology:
Both virtual events and hybrid events depend on the event technology. A lot of technical issues in the event management software can happen. Proper care needs to be given and the right skill needs to be applied in order to ensure that technical difficulties of the event technology are reduced to the minimum. Double-check the event management software before giving it the “go” signal.
– Audience Engagement Tools:
Live polls can be conducted during virtual meetings either during a live streaming session, video conferences, or a speaker session. This will help in understanding the audience better and increase engagement. The feedback can be collected and used to make better decisions in the future.
Ratings, rankings, and other opinions can be collected to better understand how the event is doing and how it can be improved. This also creates engagement and can make the event very interactive and fun for the audience. Q&A sessions can be conducted to make the event more interactive as well.
People can ask questions to the speakers and get their answers. This gives both the virtual events and the hybrid events a human touch and keeps the audience engaged on the big day which otherwise would be very mechanical and boring. The questions can be moderated and displayed on the big screen to make them much more impactful and interesting.
– Mobile event app:
In this day and age, it’s more important than ever for event planners to have a mobile event app for virtual event planning and event success. Below are four good reasons why you should have such an app:
– A mobile event app can help keep attendees organized and event management is easier. The app can be used to create a schedule of events, map out the venue, and provide information about speakers and exhibitors.
– A mobile event app can help promote the event. The app can be used to send push notifications about upcoming events, registration deadlines, and even last-minute changes.
– A mobile event app can make networking easier with the target audience and contribute to event success. The app can be used to post announcements about upcoming events and important information through images and blog posts.
– A mobile event app can help generate interest in an event.
Participation can be gamified during the event. Fun contests or quizzes can be conducted during the event and points can be awarded for participation or doing well in the contests. A leader board can be arranged and that can be shown on the big screen to announce the winners. This will make the event stand out and be a lot of fun for the audience.
– One on one video conferencing tools:
There are many benefits to using one on one video conferencing tools during virtual events. First and foremost, it allows for face-to-face communication. This is especially important when there is a need for collaboration among participants and to increase engagement as a part of the event strategy.
In addition, it can help build relationships among participants who may not have had the opportunity to meet in person. Another benefit is that it can help reduce any feelings of isolation that remote participants may experience.
– Live streaming:
When it comes to virtual events, live streaming is one of the most important aspects. It allows people to connect with each other in a real-time setting, fostering a sense of community and connection that is key to any successful virtual meetings and events.
Additionally, live streaming can help create a more engaging virtual events experience for participants, keeping them interested and involved throughout the entire event.
– Proper Conclusion:
After conducting engaging virtual events, the conclusion should be proper and meaningful. A proper announcement can be given to the attendees announcing the end of the event. We don’t want an event to end all of a sudden because of technical issues. A thank you message can be displayed on the screen, and farewells can be given properly in order to make it worthwhile.
– Creative excellence:
Virtual events are different from physical events. It can take many different forms, from live webinars and online video conferencing to interactive product demos and social media campaigns. Whatever the format, the key to success is always the creative excellence of the person. That means coming up with new ideas for content, blog posts, speakers, sponsorships, and interactive activities for the big day that will keep participants engaged and help you conduct a successful virtual event.
In conclusion, by following the tips provided in this article, you can conduct successful virtual events that are both informative and engaging for your audience. By using technology to its fullest potential, you can create an experience that feels personal and connected, despite people being in different locations. So go ahead and start planning your virtual event today!
Virtual event logistics can help event organizers save time and money on event planning. By using technology, they can create and manage events from anywhere in the world. Virtual event organizers can also use online tools to manage registrations, group payments, and more.
Event organizers face unique challenges when hosting a virtual event, from coordinating and collaborating with the team members and from addressing the remote attendees to managing communication and coordination. With the help of the right services, you can streamline your event and make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
What is the meaning of virtual event logistics?
Virtual event logistics are the organization and management of a virtual event. This includes the planning, coordination, and execution of all aspects of the virtual event. It is important to have a plan for every detail to ensure that the virtual event is a success. Virtual event logistics include everything from setting up the online meeting space to sending out invitations to participants. A successful virtual event requires careful planning and organization.
As the world becomes more and more digitized, virtual events are becoming an increasingly popular way to connect with customers and partners. By hosting a virtual event, organizations can save on travel costs, reduce environmental impact, and reach a larger audience.
How Virtual Event Logistics Benefit Your Business
There are many benefits to using virtual event logistics, but the four key benefits are cost savings, increased audience reach, improved engagement, and networking opportunities.
– Cost savings: With virtual events, there is no need for travel or hotel costs for attendees or presenters. This can save organizations a lot of money. In addition, there is no need for a physical venue, so rental costs are eliminated.
– Wider audience: Virtual event logistics is increased audience reach. The event platform can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection anywhere in the world. This opens up opportunities to engage with global audiences to attend the online event platform as they may not have been able to attend a physical event.
– Attendee engagement: Another key benefit of virtual event logistics is improved engagement. Virtual event logistics can make it easier for attendees to participate in a conference. For example, virtual conference calls or webinars can be used to get their global audience actively engaged.
– Networking opportunities: The fourth key benefit of virtual event logistics is improved learning and networking opportunities on the online event platform. Virtual live events are more engaging and interactive than traditional conferences for both the team members and the audience.
How to make event logistics simple?
A crucial element of event management in the event industry is managing logistics, it ensures competent management and also allows people do to multiple tasks, to come up with an effective event logistics plan, understanding its different components of it, is imperative.
A logistics plan aims to provide professional logistical support in preparation for the event to make sure the event runs seamlessly. It requires integrated planning and includes merchandise, transport, and food. It also amplifies cost-effectiveness.
There are various aspects to logistics such as venue, transportation, and scheduling. They can be divided into:
Before the Virtual Event
1. Registrations – This is a crucial element of roping in attendees and therefore a comfortable user experience should be a priority, it should not take more than 5 minutes for the users to share their contact information such as name, email address, and phone number, etc.
2. Payment options – Offering multiple payment options is not only convenient for the user but also acknowledges the legitimacy of the service; if there are multiple options, even international users can host an event using the service.
3. Time zones – It is essential to keep the allocated time slot in mind during the virtual event planning since the event attendees can be from all over the world, arranging and hosting an event that is accessible and convenient for all is a key factor in an event management. An easy way to ensure that the meeting hours of the event attendees are convenient is to consult tools like the World Clock Meeting Planner.
4. Invitations – Designing attention-seeking invitations is a very effective way to garner more attendance in the events, a well-designed invitation should contain relevant information but should also be easy on the eyes. It also helps promote the service as people are more likely to check out a service that has well-designed invitations to host their event rather than a service that designs dull invitations.
5. Event schedule – Preparing a thorough event schedule integrated with event strategies and mapping a direction for the event ensures that the event is fluid. Designing the structure includes allotting time for keynote speakers or guests, workshops, along with a Q&A session.
During the Virtual Event
1. Equipment – Having appropriate and functioning gear and equipment is the foundation for a good virtual event, working cameras, and microphones for all the speakers, conducting trial runs to check if the equipment is functioning is also very important. Hybrid events will also require large speakers so that everyone present remotely can listen to the speakers.
2. Virtual Lounge – Creating a virtual lounge also simulates an in-person event, attendees can connect using chat or video, this also diversifies the event and allows the participants to catch a breath of fresh air.
3. Polls and Surveys – Integrating polls, quizzes, and surveys into the event make sure that the participants are involved in the meeting and aren’t just a one-way street. This will require some analysis as to where to integrate it into the session.
4. Pre-Recorded Sessions – This can be an efficient way to manage time and ensure smooth sailing of the event, the speakers can record footage before the event starts and integrate it into the event, it also provides an outline for the rest of the event.
5. Engagement – Another way to simulate the hybrid events is to make sure that the attendees are interacting with each other and sharing their thoughts during the event, the chat feature is a very simple way to maximize engagement. Attendees can also be encouraged to share their experiences of the event on social media and other platforms.
After the Virtual Event
1. Feedback – Asking the participants for their feedback in various areas such as speakers, topics, and other technical elements showcases not only the room for improvement but also the concern the company has towards organizing the event.
2. Access to the Content – The organizers should have other amenities after the event is over, for example, they need to access the event and the contents of the event. They should also be allowed to repurpose the content.
How mobile event apps are revolutionizing event logistics?
Since the early days of mobile apps, the events industry has been searching for ways to use them to make their events more efficient and engaging. They have been searching for a proper mobile event planning software that can help them to conduct a successful event. Today, there is a wide range of event mobile apps available, making it easier than ever for event professionals to find the right tool for their needs.
Event planners are now using mobile event apps to help with everything from online event registration to getting attendees to the live event location. Mobile event planning software offers several advantages for event planners in terms of event production and conducting successful events. For starters, they provide a convenient way for people to register for events. In addition, they can be used to provide updates on the event schedule and changes in plans. They can also help attendees find their way around the event venue and even provide information about local attractions. https://geembi.com
Finally, mobile apps offer a great way to collect feedback from attendees after the event is over on the virtual event. This feedback can be used to improve future event productions.
5 essential tips for picking the best mobile event app for online event logistics
With mobile technology becoming more and more popular, it’s no surprise that the events industry is starting to use mobile apps to enhance their virtual event platform. But with so many options available, how do you choose the right one for your event?
Here are 5 tips to help you choose the right mobile event app in 2022:
– Features: Decide what features are important to you. The first step is to decide what features are important to you and your event. Do you need an app that can handle registration and ticketing? Or do you need an app that can be used for networking and messaging? Make a list of the features you need and want, and then research which apps offer those features.
– Consider your budget: You can choose a free app or one that costs a few dollars. However, if you don’t have enough budget to pay for the app, you might need to start with the free version and upgrade to the paid version when you have the money.
– Decide on your target audience: Once you have an idea of what features to look for, it’s time to decide on who you want to use the app. Do you need an app that is only available to event planners?
– Avoid apps that are hard to use: When choosing an app, you want to avoid apps that are hard to use by your team members and you. In virtual events, if a problem occurs, users will be harder on themselves and less likely to reach out for help if they have to navigate their way through an unfamiliar interface.
– Seamless integration: Look for apps that can seamlessly integrate with your existing virtual event platforms for the proper execution of the virtual event planning process. Do you already have a website, ticketing system, or social media accounts? These might be the best options for integrating your app, as they will already have an existing infrastructure in place to handle all of these functions.
WebMOBI is an all-in-one event management software for hybrid events, which is a combination of both the physical event and the virtual event platforms. The WebMOBI event management software will help the event organizers in registrations and check-ins, boosting the audience engagement through interactive tools such as live polls, live trivia quizzes, Q and A sessions, and word clouds.
The WebMOBI mobile app directly enables you to live stream to the virtual event platforms. The live stream feature enables you to reach a wider audience. The best part is that you can use the app for multistreaming your virtual events on multiple social media platforms supporting custom RTMP such as FaceBook Live, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitch, and YouTube Live.
Another benefit of WebMOBI as a virtual event platform is that it has amazing customer service for your help. The pricing plans are budget-friendly. All you need to have is an active internet connection.
In conclusion, when planning a virtual event, it is important to think about the logistics involved. By following the tips in this article, you can make sure your event goes smoothly and is a success.
Virtual event platforms are a great way to save time and money while still providing a great experience for your attendees. By planning and preparing for your virtual event well through the event logistics, you can ensure that it is a success.
Event planning can be a daunting task, but with the help of a hybrid event checklist, it can be made easier. This document outlines key steps to planning and promoting an event, from defining the scope of the event to creating a budget. The checklist also includes tips for pulling off a successful event, from organizing a guest list to creating a promotional plan. By following these steps, anyone can successfully organize and execute an event.
Benefits of having a hybrid event checklist
By using a hybrid event checklist in an event, you can be sure that you have accounted for all the important details of your event, both big and small. Here are some of the benefits of using a hybrid event checklist:
1. Hybrid event planning: The hybrid event checklist helps you plan for every eventuality. No matter how well you plan an event, there are always unexpected things that come up. A hybrid event checklist will help you plan for every possible scenario so that you are prepared for anything that might happen on the event platform.
2. Event solution: The hybrid event checklist helps you avoid last-minute problems. With a hybrid event checklist, you will know exactly what is required at each stage of the event and can avoid last-minute problems that might arise.
3. Internal communication: It improves communication between team members. You can use a hybrid event checklist to communicate with other team members and make sure that everyone knows what they have to do on the event platform. It helps you reduce stress levels by simplifying the event management process.
4. Co-ordination: Ensures that all aspects of the event are coordinated, from the online registration process to the on-site activities.
5. Future event strategy: Allowing organizers to track which aspects of the event were most successful and which ones need improvement.
BEFORE THE EVENT
1. Event format planning and Choosing elements for the virtual event platform
This includes live-streaming and recording videos before the event and also choosing between the event formats: virtual events and hybrid events. It also includes the duration of the event. For example, if the audience members are situated in different geographical regions, due to the difference in time zones the audience members might be unable to join the virtual event platform in that particular event schedule, so pre-recorded content can be arranged.
This also includes selecting the elements of the hybrid meeting and in what format it can be conducted, which includes webinars, meeting sessions, meeting with moderation, automation videos, pre-recorded videos, live polls, surveys, and Q&A format, and events analytics.
2. Target Audience members and key selling points
It’s important to keep the target audience members in mind while planning any live event, especially the virtual event attendees or hybrid one. The important part of the event planning process is the type of event, audience, and how to create the event buzz and make it a collaborative event.
If it is an international audience then it might be more appropriate to have a hybrid event where the international audience members can join through the virtual platform. For localized events, the event organizers can even plan the event in person.
3. Event Modules
It’s important to identify the modules to be used for deployment as well as the type of sessions for the event and the planning of the concurrent sessions. To be clear on the types of sessions, there are– Meetings, Meetings with Moderations, and Webinars and there are pre-recorded sessions followed by live sessions. For mobile apps, all modules can lead to more engagement like activity feeds or public-private groups on specific topics for engagement amongst the audience.
4. Content Distribution Strategy
Content can be chosen to be made public or can be transformed into gated content and it can be restricted to all except registered users, the clients will be given the freedom to select between those options. Different content can be added for different types of tickets and the attendees have an option to procure content from the event portal.
5. Choice of event type – Virtual, Hybrid, or Physical event
Before organizing an event, the type of event that is best suitable should be finalized, an event can be virtual, that is completely online and hybrid which has both elements of hybrid and virtual, in-person events are remote events. webMOBI offers a platform for both virtual and hybrid events.
6. Selection of an immersive platform with 3D experience
For larger events, the organizers can choose to conduct an immersive 3D event. It can contain exhibitors, an auditorium, and different rooms similar to a 3D environment. The system is a customized solution, and it gives you a lot of control over content dissemination. Speaker booths can be held in a 3D environment where content can be showcased, this can offer a lot of engagement for beginners.
The list of features in such events includes: having a 3D avatar for each of the attendees and the speakers to boost the engagement opportunities.
7. Budget Planning
The checklist of the events includes a list of costs that are to be associated with the event planning side. These costs include live podcast costs, speaker costs, or any promotional costs. Covering the in-person particulars; the costs included are the on-site costs, venue costs, and many more mentioned in the checklist which could be marked before the event.
Email marketing software to create buzz, event management software, a mobile app, interpreter services to show translation across different languages, captions generation, speaker and boosting engagement opportunities through attendee interaction tools like slack or audience engagement tools for making it a collaborative event and enhancing the hybrid experience, and a speaker presentation.
To develop familiarity with the event management software along with platforms and interfaces, multiple dry runs can be conducted for the speaker before the event. This can troubleshoot bugs and detect them before the event which will further smoothen the handling of the event. The speaker can make any changes and adjustments as per their requirement in the dry run.
DURING THE EVENT
1. Streaming platform
Depending on the type of session and the type of audience you should connect to different streaming services such as Zoom, Vimeo, Cisco, and Webex or webMOBI native streaming services.
2. Audience Engagement
Make sure the attendees who attend virtually or event in the physical event location stay engaged by making use of engagement tools like Live Polls, Q&A, surveys, gamification, and social media. The virtual attendees must have a way to interact with each other on the virtual platform. It is necessary for having a successful experience.
The audience can plan out Gamification strategies like photo contests or department-based competitions for the most engaged audience. Attendees can ask questions and others upvote so it can enable more focused discussions and speakers will know which questions to focus on in a limited time. Conduct live polls and surveys to capture feedback during the event to the broad audience.
3. Networking and Lead Generation for Exhibitors and Sponsors
It is important from the exhibitors’ perspective to define the live feeds and in case the live feeds are done there is backup recorded information that can be added for the audience to preview. Also, register interest to capture leads for the event and check-in reports gauging interest
4. Concurrent Sessions
The checklist also provides some of the requisites for concurrent sessions which could be organized during the main event. The requirement of a moderator is at the discretion of the organizer. The checklist also provides information about how the attendees could be managed during these concurrent sessions.
5. Mute/unmute and disable/enable video of participants accordingly
A virtual event can lead to a lot of commotion, but with our platform, there is a smooth transition and flow in the events as the organizers can mute and unmute the audio of the speakers and disable and enable the video of participants.
6. Collect and moderate online Q&A
webMOBI can collect engagement and analyze data such as attendance per session, duration of their attendance, and more. This can help build the profile of an attendee, the Q&A data also helps understand the overall agenda of the event.
7. Early Start and Communication Planning
It is important to have a communication channel for the speakers and hybrid event moderators to connect via tools like Slack for real-time communication. Additionally, it’s good to have 5-minute breaks after each session for enabling a smoother transition from one session to the other.
8. Manage Logistics
The checklist also provides updates on all the behind-the-scenes actions for the event which includes leveraging analytics for managing registration forms/number of leads generated, referrals tracked, sorting the attendee details, filtering FAQs, or solving queries through the chatbot. It also shows how the exhibitor wants to present the event, i.e., audio-only/video only, virtual maps for attendees, etc
Attendees will also be provided with guides to browse through the interface to ensure they’re familiar with the same. The checklist hence provides a list of sources that could be helpful to the audience.
10. Online Support
To ease the experience of the event, speakers can go through a help desk or live support to test their audio and video connections. The attendees can also navigate through the event with the help of a live text chat.
AFTER THE EVENT
1. Audience feedback surveys
One of the most important post-event activities is collecting feedback, this helps understand the response to the event and the success rate of the event, it also helps the organizer learn from their mistakes and achieve targets in the future events. The checklist thus offers a feedback template that could be helpful for the event organizer for event management and planning the marketing strategy. as well. It is beneficial for planning to create the event buzz for upcoming hybrid meetings and events.
2. Reporting and Analytics
Get all the analytics and reporting from all the tools to check which sessions were more popular than others, overall feedback, and speaker feedback. Getting the right kind of analytics, and which metrics to be tracked is important to enhance the hybrid experience further.
3. Remember to show gratitude
After the event, follow up with the speakers, moderators, and volunteers and express your gratitude and thank them for the efforts they dedicated to the hybrid meetings and events. It helps in brand building. Also, check up on sponsors and thank them for their support. It will help in attracting sponsors for future hybrid meetings and live events.
4. Post-Event Activity
The planning checklist consists of post-event activities that are beneficial for hosting hybrid events in the future. The checklist also covers how the users experienced the interface and their feedback given in the forms, we analyze the data that is gathered to enrich the experience with every session.
5. Permanent Access to the Event
After the hybrid event is completed, the organizers will be furnished with a recording of the event which can be sent to the attendees who were unable to attend the event, it can also be used as a benchmark and the organizers can incorporate elements from this event into other events they organize in the future.
Other than these features, the checklist offers several other features which include payment activities, and live polls. surveys as well as promotional activities to create event buzz.
The option for streaming through RTMP is also attached, making the checklist more diverse and convenient, since the organizers could map their requirements for the RTMP encoder – whether hardware or software.
In conclusion, planning a hybrid event can be a daunting task, but with careful thought and execution, it can be a successful and profitable venture. Use the hybrid event checklist provided to make sure you don’t forget any important details and be sure to promote your event well in advance. Finally, be prepared for the unexpected and make sure you have a plan B ready to go. With these tips, your hybrid event will be a smashing success!
In 2022, businesses and organizations of all sizes can expect to experience a hybrid event on a grand scale. These events are a mix of traditional and nontraditional methods that can be used to achieve success.
Hybrid Event planning is a challenging task, but with the help of event elements, it can be made much easier. By incorporating new technology and methods into your events, you can create a more interactive and engaging experience for your guests. This article provides 10 event planning elements for a successful hybrid event in 2022.
Introduction: What is hybrid event planning?
Hybrid event planning is a relatively new term that refers to a combination of planning of different event types. Hybrid event platforms can be used to describe events that are a mix of in-person with a physical location and the virtual event platforms, or those that combine traditional and non-traditional approaches.
The goal of hybrid event planning is to create and combine both onsite events with physical location and virtual event platforms that are more engaging and effective than either approach on its own.
Event organizers can do hybrid event planning can be used to help a company leverage the best aspects of both traditional and online marketing channels in order to increase awareness, drive traffic and sales, and provide a great experience for onsite and virtual attendees. One example of hybrid event planning is the use of social media during business meetings.
Why should you plan your hybrid events?
By planning your hybrid events well in advance and taking the time to map out each stage of the process, you can minimize potential problems and ensure that your hybrid event is a success. Some of the key benefits of hybrid event planning are:
1. Increased Reach: Hybrid events are conducted by combining online and in-person elements, you can reach more people than you would if you only held an in-person event. By planning your hybrid events and using online tools, you can extend the life of your event as a result of the increased reach of your audience.
2. Greater Engagement: With hybrid events, planning is required to increase engagement opportunities. You can create a more engaging experience for attendees by incorporating different types of activities and providing multiple ways for people to participate. This can help increase attendance and encourage people to stick around longer.
3. Better ROI: By having a proper event strategy, event organizers can reach a wider audience and increase the potential for people to make a purchase at your event. People who find out about your hybrid events online are more likely to attend than those who only find out through word-of-mouth.
4. Brand awareness: By using social media and other online tools, you can promote your event and give attendees a more engaging experience. This can also improve your brand’s visibility and brand awareness. It requires a proper hybrid event strategy.
5. Improved Value: By creating a variety of activities in a planned manner, which are tailored to the needs of different groups and interests, you can create an event that is more valuable than if you only focused on one type of activity.
6. Increased Efficiency: With all the information and communication taking place online, attendees can manage their time more efficiently at the event itself.
10 most important hybrid event elements
When planning a hybrid event, it’s important to keep in mind the following 10 key elements. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a successful and enjoyable evening for all attendees.
– Event Website
An event website is a crucial tool since it maintains a uniform purpose no matter what format the event is in, be it a hybrid, remote, or a virtual event, a website is a tool that can promote the event and it can lead them to register to the event.
The website should contain details such as the value of the event, schedule, speakers, and FAQ. It should also allow the attendees to register easily. This is one of the most important elements when it comes to organizing successful virtual events or an event.
– Event Registration
Event Registration is essential as this collects the data of the event attendees, the attendees can also put up their preferences, submit their personal information, and also provide payment if needed. Making the registration process simple will garner more attendees and will also provide the organizers and sponsors, if any, with data to plan a successful event.
– Feedback Surveys
This is a very important factor for all events, specifically virtual or hybrid events. Event Feedback tools can be used to collect feedback from the attendees after the event and post-event surveys can also be held to make your events or virtual events more engaging.
– Live Polling
Live polling is a great way to get feedback from the online audience and keep them engaged. It can be used to ask questions about the content of the event or about the participants themselves. Event organizers can use polls to gather data for later analysis. Live polling events can also be used to raise awareness.
Check out the Ngage.ai all-in-one event audience engagement platform for hybrid events.
– Interactive Video Conferencing tools
We know that interaction makes an event more informative and fun with video conferencing tools. Along with online virtual events, there has been a rise in virtual networking and an uptick in video conferencing because of the pandemic.
Virtual networking and video conferencing are popular engagement tools that can increase engagement and interaction among the event attendees as people tend to interact more when they see the other person.
– Live Presentation Content
Whether you are planning to organize your event online or remotely. The event will be more engaging if there are live speakers and audience members in the hybrid conferences. Not only are the speakers and presenters more motivated to present but also the virtual attendees are also more likely to be engaged and pay attention if the speakers are delivering live content, this can also prompt them to ask questions. This makes the event more interesting.
– Live One Way Audio/Video
During virtual events, having audio and video one way is a good measure to prevent the speakers and presenters from being interrupted by the virtual attendees. This prevents unmuted audio, unscheduled questions, disturbing sounds, and other interruptions.
– Question and Answer
One of the privileges of having an online virtual event is that all the virtual attendees can ask questions to the speakers using the chat feature, this allows all the audience members to participate and makes the event more interactive.
– Recorded Content
This is an essential feature of online events as it will give organizers and virtual attendees the chance to review the entire event, this can help in gaining or noting information they missed out on, and it can also help people who were unable to attend the event. Organizers who’re looking to correct mistakes they made can also access the content later.
– Note-taking/favorite slides
Online events allow the virtual attendees to take frequent notes, screenshots, or favorite the slides they found helpful making it an effective learning tool. Archived footage, i.e., previously recorded content can also be accessed.
Online and hybrid events have also been on the rise. Hybrid and virtual events will remain viable options until the social distancing measures are dismissed and the travel restrictions are eased. The results of these events can be overwhelmingly positive and can still provide several prospects for potential event planners.
Importance of using the hybrid event elements
Event planners are always looking for new and innovative ideas to make their events stand out from the rest. One way to do this is by incorporating the hybrid event elements into your planning. By choosing among these few different hybrid event elements, you can create an event that is truly one-of-a-kind.
So why should you consider using hybrid event elements in your next planning session? Here are just a few reasons:
– They help to engage attendees in new and interesting ways.
-They help to create a sense of urgency.
– They help to keep participants on task.
– They help to create a cohesive experience for your attendees.
– They help to create a sense of community among participants and staff.
– They help to develop and foster your brand through the use of social media.
– They allow you to show off your creative side.
In conclusion, by using these 10 event elements, you can create a successful and memorable event. Be sure to tailor the hybrid event strategy with these elements to fit your specific needs, event type, and event attendees, and always test and measure different approaches to find what works best for you. With a little bit of creativity and planning, your next event will be a smashing success!
Hybrid events offer a unique opportunity for businesses to establish relationships with customers and partners in a relaxed setting. By hosting a hybrid event, businesses can attract new customers and partners while also maintaining their existing relationships. Additionally, hybrid events provide an opportunity for businesses to test new products or services and gather feedback from key stakeholders. By taking advantage of all the benefits of hybrid events, businesses can achieve success in the marketplace.
Why the hybrid event is a new trend in 2022?
It is an understatement to say that the year 2020 has been unpredictable. With the pandemic making it difficult to go outside, planning large events has definitely become more and more difficult. With thousands of people getting sick, being hospitalized, and even dead, there has been a new norm with how we interact with each other in crowds.
People like event planners who want to plan a concert, wedding, reception, or any activity will have to rethink the way they go about planning each event. Planning a live-in-person event was the norm. Then virtual planning was a necessity to keep people safe.
Now that we are in a different phase of the pandemic, event planners are going to a more hybrid event where both in-person and virtual streaming come together hand in hand.
What is a hybrid event?
A hybrid event is any event – conference, training seminar, trade expo, etc. – that combines the physical events with the virtual event platform. There are both internal and external hybrid events. Many hybrid events have virtual streaming for the speaker while attendees actually come in person to the event.
It is important to realize that hybrid events join the virtual event platform with the person and it can be done either way. A great example of hybrid physical events is a trade show where sessions can be done online while the event attendees actually come in person to the event who are interested.
Examples of hybrid events
As you begin to think about hybrid events, think about the National Basketball Association. The players were playing in a bubble live but the audience was virtual. This is a great example of a hybrid event.
Other events that can be done in hybrid include luncheons, award ceremonies, team meetings, webinars, study groups, town hall meetings, sporting events, product demonstrations, and conferences, just to name a few.
These hybrid events are beneficial for event organizers as they are often more cost-effective, track your audience more efficiently, and allow for a larger audience than a live event.
Two different types of hybrid events
As the events industry continues to grow and change, so does the way professionals plan and produce events. In order to keep up with the ever-changing demands of clients and attendees, event organizers are increasingly turning to hybrid event planning strategies. By combining elements of both live and virtual events, event organizers can create an experience that is more engaging and efficient for all involved.
While some may see hybrid events as a new trend, they have actually been around for quite some time. For example, one of the first hybrid events was held in 1997, when IBM combined a live video feed with an online chat room to allow people from all over the world to participate in a business conference. Since then, hybrid events have become increasingly popular, due in part to advances in technology that have made them more affordable and accessible.
There are both internal and external hybrid events. Having your internal or external hybrid event will require planning according to the number of attendees you will have in person and what part of your event is virtual. For technology enthusiasts, Apple Special Events are a great example of a hybrid event where the attendees who aren’t at the in-person event can see them live-streamed. Take a page out of Apple’s book and turn your product announcements into hybrid events that anyone can view.
Internal hybrid events are used within a company to share a message when employees cannot be in the same place. These include town halls, sales kickoff meetings, department meetings, and company-wide events.
External hybrid events are held for that outside of your organization like sporting events. Understanding the difference will give you a great start if you are planning an internal or external hybrid event so that you can plan accordingly.
Discover the benefits of conducting hybrid events
1) Increased Engagement: One of the biggest benefits of hybrid events is that they result in increased engagement from participants. This is because attendees can choose what works best for them – they can attend the live sessions or watch them later on-demand.
2) Increased reach: Hybrid event platforms also have an increased reach than traditional conferences due to their online component. This means that you can attract a larger audience from all over the world.
3) Reach target audience: Hybrid live events are designed to reach the target audience. This is done by ensuring that the content of your sessions is relevant to or useful for them.
3) Building brand awareness: Hybrid live events are also a great way for building brand awareness. The event attendees can see who is speaking and also get to know you better as an organization. It helps in the overall business growth.
4) Increase social media followers: Hybrid event platforms allow the virtual audience to interact with one another without having to attend in the physical location, which will increase their social media following, thus, contributing to the business growth.
5) Achieving business goals: Hybrid live events will help you in achieving business goals and objectives. For example, if you want to promote your brand by reaching a wider virtual audience or boosting your sales, then hybrid events are the way to go.
6) Increased revenue: Hybrid events also have a greater potential for revenue through sponsorship. This is because companies are able to sponsor the live sessions as well as any products or services that are being promoted at your conference to both the onsite and virtual audience.
7) Increased ROI: Because hybrid live event platforms offer more value than traditional conferences, they result in a higher ROI for organizers. This will also help the event professionals for organizing future events.
The ultimate guide to the hybrid event planning process
Hybrid events combine the best of both worlds—physical events and virtual events. This makes them a popular choice for today’s busy professionals. The hybrid event planning process may need more hard work than normal onsite and virtual events.
Here is the ultimate guide to the event planning process that needs to be followed in order to ensure a successful event and achieve the business goals.
– Event goals: Start by developing a clear goal for your event. What do you want attendees to do or learn? What outcomes do you hope to achieve?
– Event budgeting: Create a timeline and budget for your event, and make sure both are realistic. Remember that hybrids can be more complex to plan than traditional events, so allow plenty of time for preparing the event budgeting and timeline for the online audience.
– Event website: Make sure your website is ready for visitors who may want to learn more about your event. Make sure the event information is easy to find, and include a registration form on your website so people can sign up for the event directly online.
– Team collaboration: Plan the online and offline components of your event separately. This will help ensure that the two parts complement each other, rather than competing for attention. Also, the event professionals must ensure team collaboration among the members for organizing a successful event.
– Agenda: Depending on the event type, create an engaging and dynamic agenda. This will help keep your onsite and online audience entertained and engaged throughout the event. Understand your audience, and design your event to make them feel comfortable.
– Recruitment: Recruit volunteers and staff who are knowledgeable about the event type and event topic. They should have knowledge of the hybrid event technology and are excited about helping out.
– Event marketing: Promote the event well in advance so that as many people as possible can attend for the event success, Social media platforms are a good medium to promote your hybrid live events. You can also use email marketing techniques along with social media techniques for advertising your live events. You can also use traditional methods of hybrid live event marketing such as newspapers, flyers, and so on.
– Event management technology: Choose the right hybrid event technology tools to help you in event management. There are many event apps that can directly work on mobile devices that are widely used by event professionals for boosting the attendee experience, conducting successful hybrid events, and thereby, achieving organizational goals.
– Event success: Have a clear plan in place for how you will measure the achievement of your successful hybrid events at the end of your event that will help you in future events.
Organizing a successful hybrid event
There are 98 percent of people stated that they viewed hybrid live events favorably because it allowed them to have options if they wanted to come to the event or watch it from the comfort of their home. One of the things that you must do while preparing for a hybrid event is to make sure the event is a valuable resource for all of the attendees.
The virtual and live audience must be satisfied with the planning of your hybrid event. What are your short-term and long-term goals for the event? Why are you having your hybrid event? Do you have the virtual technology that allows you the most potential to make your event a success? Are you going to be able to build your brand by holding your hybrid event? Should you have a virtual audience and how will they contribute to your goals?
Boost your hybrid event’s success with these engagement tools!
A successful event is one that provides an amazing attendee experience. Whether you are putting on a hybrid event, or a traditional conference or trade show, there are a number of tools available to help you to boost your attendee engagement. Some of these tools for boosting the attendee engagement include live polls, word clouds, Q and A sessions, live trivia quizzes, and mobile apps.
Live polls allow organizers to gather real-time feedback from attendees, which can help to keep the conversation flowing and ensure that everyone is engaged. They can also be used to poll the audience on topics relevant to the event or to gather input on potential new features or changes for future events. Additionally, live polling can help to create a sense of competition among attendees, encouraging them to vote more frequently in order to see the results.
Live quizzes can boost audience engagement in hybrid events by providing a fun and interactive way for attendees to participate. Quizzes can be used to review content from previous sessions or to preview material for upcoming sessions. They can also be used as a way to break up longer presentations or panel discussions.
By giving the virtual opportunity to ask questions directly to speakers and panelists, Q&A sessions can help create a more engaging event experience. They can also help build relationships between attendees and speakers, which can lead to further engagement opportunities.
Public relations and marketing professionals have been using word clouds as a means of audience engagement for some time now. A word cloud is simply a graphic representation of words used in a particular text or speech. The larger the word, the more times it was used.
They are used to help people understand and remember complex information by providing a visual representation of the most important points. In hybrid events, which are a mixture of online and in-person interactions, word clouds can be used to great effect to keep people engaged.
Event apps can provide a wealth of information about the event and allow attendees to connect with one another. They can also be used to provide real-time updates about the event and boost audience engagement. In the hybrid live event platform, event apps can play an especially important role in helping attendees stay connected.
WebMOBI is a leading all-in-one event management tool that can be used for successfully conducting the hybrid live events and boosting engagement through the audience engagement tools such as live polls, live quizzes, live Q&A sessions, and word clouds. It enables live streaming and you can also make interactive presentations through 40+ customizable themes. Click here to learn more.
In conclusion, by following the steps mentioned in this article, event professionals can successfully plan hybrid events in 2022 and beyond. By utilizing technology to create a more engaging experience for attendees and by focusing on the key components of a successful hybrid event, professionals can ensure that their events are a success. Finally, it is important to keep in mind that hybrid events are constantly evolving and it is important to continually update and improve your plans in order to stay ahead of the curve.
Related articles: Planning a hybrid event guide