A webinar is a type of web-conferencing, it is a virtual seminar through which people can connect for presentations and real-time discussions from anywhere in the world. Speakers can present slides, share documents and audio despite not being there in the same location.
Various factors go into consideration while conducting an effective webinar, but to simplify it we’ve listed out the following:
- Choosing the perfect software
- Adhering to a checklist – To choose the perfect webinar software, making a list of specifications and features that you require from the software will be ideal. This way, you can browse through the various platforms and eliminate them based on their lack of features, this also saves time and makes the process more effective. Some crucial items to include in a checklist
- Does it allow two-way engagement and interaction? Does it support Surveys and Live Polls?
- Is it user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- Is there a free trial option?
- Does it have a downloadable application? Can it be used in a browser? Is it compatible with all browsers?
- Does it offer any other lead generational tools?
- Does it show analytics? What all does it show?
- Does it exceed the budget?
- Did it glitch in the demo?
Does it have automated reminders and other options in the calendar?
- Understanding the Objective and the Process
- Objectives – To generate leads for the webinar, the purpose must be clearly understood. Understanding what the attendees are gaining out of it, if they are the end-user, the buyer, or both, how many leads to generate, how to find out if the webinar was successful.
- Target Audience – To properly structure the content of the webinar so you can successfully influence your attendees, it is essential to understand the target audience. A suggestion is to create a buyer persona and to also keep key questions such as their age range, demographic, characteristics, their position in the company, in mind.
- Format – Deciding on a format for the webinar will ensure things run smoothly, firstly it consists of deciding a host, the number of hosts, and the duration. It also consists of heavy scheduling and deciding a time that is convenient for all the speakers and organizers.
One obvious way of promotion is to use emails, other social channels and network with people to get the word out, but there are various other efficient ways to market the webinar.
- Relevant Topic – To successfully implement this, you need to have understood your target audience. The webinar topic should be timely and relevant at the same time. Once the audience is clear, research can be conducted to narrow down what kind of words they use and topics the audience is interested in and this can be incorporated into the marketing material. Strong Search Engine Optimization strategies need to be implemented.
- User-friendly Registration Page – The page where potential audience members register needs to be easy to navigate and catered to them, therefore it helps to completely understand the audience and implement SEO to make it engaging for them. The website also needs to provide the qualifications and certifications of the speakers. To increase traffic, the registration page needs to be advertised in a newsletter, advertising campaigns can also be created and channels such as Google ads can be utilized.
- Automate Reminders – A very simple way of ensuring the audience members attend the event is to make it extremely easy for them to do so, sending reminders in emails and sending calendar links that they can add to their calendars will make attending your webinar a task that takes one click for the audience, increasing their chances of attending. It is a simple but effective way to ensure attendance.
The key objective of hosting a webinar is to keep it engaging and make it a win-win situation for all those that are present, to do that not only should the speaker be effective but the audience can be asked questions prompting them to participate and be a part of surveys and live polls. However, the webinar needs to be structured enough so that the Q&A time and the time taken to speak and give monologues do not interfere.
- Following Up
A follow-up is also a part of the process of conducting a webinar, various strategies can be implemented for a webinar follow-up. Sending a follow-up email is always a useful way to maintain a good relationship with the participants, following up with customers to maintain a stable relationship with them, also follow up with those who registered for the event but didn’t attend it and seek their insight. Conducting a survey and asking for suggestions and room for improvement is also very crucial.
Following these steps would no doubt lead to a very successful webinar since this article covered the most important aspects of conducting one. Webmobi is designed to cater to event-marketing and lead generation and is very easy to navigate. So if you’re looking for software to fulfill your webinar needs, look no further! To learn more, please visit our facebook page.