The Best Year-Round Platform For Your Hybrid Events
Hybrid events blend the best of both worlds and combine live in-person events as well as remote virtual events, 2021 will no doubt lead to an uptick in hybrid events. A unique year-round hybrid event can be created, which functions 24/7.
This requires a platform that hosts events and is accessible by both mobile and through web browsers, the purpose is to serve the attendees throughout the entire year. The people who make use of this platform must be allowed to access the old content in terms of recordings. They should also be allowed to access virtual booths, exhibitors, chat forums, marketing material. The users should gain networking and learning opportunities as well as the opportunity to connect with a global community.
The attendees can join a community of experts and attend VIP events hosted by speakers for a monthly subscription, they can have access to content and media such as articles, blog posts, ebooks, surveys, videos, and podcasts that were created by the organizer, exhibitor or the speaker. The attendee must have access to all their needs. Essentially, the attendees are charged a fee to access sponsored articles or events that are either live or pre-recorded, they can also access content by expert speakers.
The attendees can have two choices in the free marketplace, one being free of cost or having an annual or monthly fee, this can allow the users to access everything uploaded to the platform, including blogs, articles, and recordings. The other choice is to pay a higher amount and giving them access to product launches which are exclusive and VIP invitations to meet with new exhibitors.
A feature that everyone views as a drawback of virtual events is that people have fewer networking opportunities, however, this is a misconception, to make this a successful experience powerful chat and video tools should be implemented, this creates an optimum networking experience and generates leads. It can have virtual booths of the company that is exhibiting and the attendees or users that are interested can visit the booths.
One of the most challenging aspects of a hybrid event is to keep the attendees engaged in the event, therefore, implementing features such as live polls, chats and Q&A’s is imperative. Provide a feature where the attendees can ask questions to the speakers and participate in live polls, they should also be able to interact with each other. This way, they’ll be invested in the event and in what the speaker has to say.
Product Launches and Webinars
The users and attendees can not only attend new events where they have access to product launches and webinars but with the year-round format, they can also have access to events that have already taken place.
Exhibitors and Product Discovery
The users have access to virtual booths and other content from the speakers and exhibitors. When they visit the exhibitors they might find and be interested in several of these products and they can network with the exhibitors or speakers.
Digital platforms are developing and online events are now considered mainstream, the event organizer’s priority is to create an event that stands out, for this to work the organizer needs to employ new business models. Doing a year-round event is one way to employ a formidable business model. Time is constantly changing and people are adapting to the new normal for events. Adapting is something that we should do in order to succeed at what we do. If you wish to learn more about hybrid events, please visit our facebook page. Good luck!
Events in 2021: What’s next for the new normal for events
The events in 2021 will be drastically different from that of last year, as the pandemic is successfully being suppressed. With the vaccines being said to reach people by mid-2021, the pandemic will recede. Most people are left wondering when things will return to the way they used to be and how that will affect event planning. For those planning events, it might seem confusing to choose between in-person events, hybrid events, and virtual events. This article aims to provide a guide to what events are going to look like this year.
According to experts, the vaccines should reach most people by mid-2021 which means that most events can start transitioning from completely virtual and include some remote elements but for this to work out certain precautions must be strictly implemented. We feel Local, national, and international Events in March of 2021 will still be virtual as the vaccination would not have reached the critical mass for herd immunity.
In June of 2021 local and national events can be in person but international ones will be hybrid since vaccines will have been distributed to the general public and a large percentage of the population will have been vaccinated.
In September of 2021, local and national events will be in-person but international events will be hybrid as although most people would be vaccinated or would have access to the vaccines, it will still take time to complete the process globally.
The impact of the vaccines will not be observed until around June or September but since they will become more accessible in the summer, the chances of people having remote events and hybrid events will increase as they are safe for the attendees and easy to hold and manage. The vaccines also allow for relatively safe travel which means more attendees can attend remote events and hybrid events.
Click here to learn more about vaccinations.
Precautions while conducting events in 2021
Even while carrying out remote events in 2021, the attendees need to test negative and adhere to the following principles:
- Limit the Number Of Attendees with the 6ft rule in mind
It is essential to note that with an active pandemic, the people should maintain social distancing. Therefore, the ideal number of individuals should be chosen so that they can maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other. Fewer guests mean that it’s also easy to keep a track of their travel history to curtail the spread of the disease. Limiting and scaling down the number of people prevents crowding. The duration of the meetings also needs to be kept in mind and they need to be kept short.
- Make Sanitary Equipment Compulsory
The guests and organizers both need to have access to sanitary equipment at all times. The guests need to be provided with alcohol-based hand sanitizers immediately after registration. The event should also have appointed sanitation sites that have access to sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, tissues, gloves, and masks. Wearing gloves and masks should also be made compulsory. Technological equipment used to present such as microphones, tablets, and iPads also need to be disinfected after each use. Thermal scanning equipment can be installed at entry points to check for symptoms.
During such troubling times where we are required to stay 6 feet apart, the venue where the event takes place needs to be large because proximity would lead to the spread of the virus, this is also a reason why hybrid events would work best since it does not put a limit on the number of people who can attend the events.
- Get Creative by transitioning to Hybrid Event
Just because an event is a hybrid event doesn’t mean limitations need to be forced upon it, in fact, hybrid events only increase the chances of networking. Attendees who are not free at the time-span can send recordings, the remote event can also be recorded and uploaded to virtual platforms. Hybrid events also allow more time to be devoted to Q&A sessions. Due to their nature, they also allow for more networking and engagement.
The venue determines the outcome of the event, to prevent crowding and contagion, a large venue is ideal so that the individuals can maintain 6 feet distance. Outdoor space or a place with several windows is also beneficial for airflow. A spacious venue ensures that there’s ample distance between each guest. Strict guidelines laid down by the CDC and WHO must be followed. It should also be ensured that enclosed spaces such as lavatories which are a haven for the spread of the virus are sanitized. The venue should also have closed dustbins to dispose of the waste.
To have a successful event during a pandemic, there needs to be diligent planning. Establishing efficient communication channels is extremely important to keep track of all the guests and individuals in the event. If the monitoring is successful the information can also be shared with health officials. Creating a health policy before the event and mailing it to the attendees is also resourceful so that they are aware of the various rules and regulations in the event, for example, specifying before the event that the attendees should not shake hands or hug to greet is more helpful than letting them know during the event. Think about setting up a contact tracing log to examine if the guest has come in contact with the virus.
- Consult Public Health Officials
No matter how systematically things are planned, some things are beyond control and it is imperative to have medical professionals on board before planning an event in 2021. The local public officials must be consulted. Every individual attending the event must provide their contact details so they can be relayed to the health officials in case of emergencies. The attendees must also be provided with the contact details of the health officials and other health hotline numbers. It is resourceful to have an onsite crisis response team as well.
Physical events are advisable only if they are necessary, otherwise, people can migrate to virtual events or hybrid events. Hybrid events are the best of both worlds since the attendees can choose to attend remotely or virtually. The advantage of this approach is that it ensures more coverage. Hybrid events make in-person events safer as one can provide multiple options for the attendees to choose from to access the event remotely reducing in-person attendance.
Webmobi.com has a hybrid event platform where the events can be conducted with extreme simplicity, with a priority given to safety. Whilst planning and preparing events, the health, and well being of individuals must be prioritized and hybrid events make sure that’s the case. To learn more about hybrid events and the best practices surrounding them click here. To learn more about us, please visit our facebook page.
Virtual event logistics can help event organizers save time and money on event planning. By using technology, they can create and manage events from anywhere in the world. Virtual event organizers can also use online tools to manage registrations, group payments, and more.
Event organizers face unique challenges when hosting a virtual event, from coordinating and collaborating with the team members and from addressing the remote attendees to managing communication and coordination. With the help of the right services, you can streamline your event and make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
What is the meaning of virtual event logistics?
Virtual event logistics are the organization and management of a virtual event. This includes the planning, coordination, and execution of all aspects of the virtual event. It is important to have a plan for every detail to ensure that the virtual event is a success. Virtual event logistics include everything from setting up the online meeting space to sending out invitations to participants. A successful virtual event requires careful planning and organization.
As the world becomes more and more digitized, virtual events are becoming an increasingly popular way to connect with customers and partners. By hosting a virtual event, organizations can save on travel costs, reduce environmental impact, and reach a larger audience.
How Virtual Event Logistics Benefit Your Business
There are many benefits to using virtual event logistics, but the four key benefits are cost savings, increased audience reach, improved engagement, and networking opportunities.
– Cost savings: With virtual events, there is no need for travel or hotel costs for attendees or presenters. This can save organizations a lot of money. In addition, there is no need for a physical venue, so rental costs are eliminated.
– Wider audience: Virtual event logistics is increased audience reach. The event platform can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection anywhere in the world. This opens up opportunities to engage with global audiences to attend the online event platform as they may not have been able to attend a physical event.
– Attendee engagement: Another key benefit of virtual event logistics is improved engagement. Virtual event logistics can make it easier for attendees to participate in a conference. For example, virtual conference calls or webinars can be used to get their global audience actively engaged.
– Networking opportunities: The fourth key benefit of virtual event logistics is improved learning and networking opportunities on the online event platform. Virtual live events are more engaging and interactive than traditional conferences for both the team members and the audience.
How to make event logistics simple?
A crucial element of event management in the event industry is managing logistics, it ensures competent management and also allows people do to multiple tasks, to come up with an effective event logistics plan, understanding its different components of it, is imperative.
A logistics plan aims to provide professional logistical support in preparation for the event to make sure the event runs seamlessly. It requires integrated planning and includes merchandise, transport, and food. It also amplifies cost-effectiveness.
There are various aspects to logistics such as venue, transportation, and scheduling. They can be divided into:
Before the Virtual Event
1. Registrations – This is a crucial element of roping in attendees and therefore a comfortable user experience should be a priority, it should not take more than 5 minutes for the users to share their contact information such as name, email address, and phone number, etc.
2. Payment options – Offering multiple payment options is not only convenient for the user but also acknowledges the legitimacy of the service; if there are multiple options, even international users can host an event using the service.
3. Time zones – It is essential to keep the allocated time slot in mind during the virtual event planning since the event attendees can be from all over the world, arranging and hosting an event that is accessible and convenient for all is a key factor in an event management. An easy way to ensure that the meeting hours of the event attendees are convenient is to consult tools like the World Clock Meeting Planner.
4. Invitations – Designing attention-seeking invitations is a very effective way to garner more attendance in the events, a well-designed invitation should contain relevant information but should also be easy on the eyes. It also helps promote the service as people are more likely to check out a service that has well-designed invitations to host their event rather than a service that designs dull invitations.
5. Event schedule – Preparing a thorough event schedule integrated with event strategies and mapping a direction for the event ensures that the event is fluid. Designing the structure includes allotting time for keynote speakers or guests, workshops, along with a Q&A session.
During the Virtual Event
1. Equipment – Having appropriate and functioning gear and equipment is the foundation for a good virtual event, working cameras, and microphones for all the speakers, conducting trial runs to check if the equipment is functioning is also very important. Hybrid events will also require large speakers so that everyone present remotely can listen to the speakers.
2. Virtual Lounge – Creating a virtual lounge also simulates an in-person event, attendees can connect using chat or video, this also diversifies the event and allows the participants to catch a breath of fresh air.
3. Polls and Surveys – Integrating polls, quizzes, and surveys into the event make sure that the participants are involved in the meeting and aren’t just a one-way street. This will require some analysis as to where to integrate it into the session.
4. Pre-Recorded Sessions – This can be an efficient way to manage time and ensure smooth sailing of the event, the speakers can record footage before the event starts and integrate it into the event, it also provides an outline for the rest of the event.
5. Engagement – Another way to simulate the hybrid events is to make sure that the attendees are interacting with each other and sharing their thoughts during the event, the chat feature is a very simple way to maximize engagement. Attendees can also be encouraged to share their experiences of the event on social media and other platforms.
After the Virtual Event
1. Feedback – Asking the participants for their feedback in various areas such as speakers, topics, and other technical elements showcases not only the room for improvement but also the concern the company has towards organizing the event.
2. Access to the Content – The organizers should have other amenities after the event is over, for example, they need to access the event and the contents of the event. They should also be allowed to repurpose the content.
How mobile event apps are revolutionizing event logistics?
Since the early days of mobile apps, the events industry has been searching for ways to use them to make their events more efficient and engaging. They have been searching for a proper mobile event planning software that can help them to conduct a successful event. Today, there is a wide range of event mobile apps available, making it easier than ever for event professionals to find the right tool for their needs.
Event planners are now using mobile event apps to help with everything from online event registration to getting attendees to the live event location. Mobile event planning software offers several advantages for event planners in terms of event production and conducting successful events. For starters, they provide a convenient way for people to register for events. In addition, they can be used to provide updates on the event schedule and changes in plans. They can also help attendees find their way around the event venue and even provide information about local attractions. https://geembi.com
Finally, mobile apps offer a great way to collect feedback from attendees after the event is over on the virtual event. This feedback can be used to improve future event productions.
5 essential tips for picking the best mobile event app for online event logistics
With mobile technology becoming more and more popular, it’s no surprise that the events industry is starting to use mobile apps to enhance their virtual event platform. But with so many options available, how do you choose the right one for your event?
Here are 5 tips to help you choose the right mobile event app in 2022:
– Features: Decide what features are important to you. The first step is to decide what features are important to you and your event. Do you need an app that can handle registration and ticketing? Or do you need an app that can be used for networking and messaging? Make a list of the features you need and want, and then research which apps offer those features.
– Consider your budget: You can choose a free app or one that costs a few dollars. However, if you don’t have enough budget to pay for the app, you might need to start with the free version and upgrade to the paid version when you have the money.
– Decide on your target audience: Once you have an idea of what features to look for, it’s time to decide on who you want to use the app. Do you need an app that is only available to event planners?
– Avoid apps that are hard to use: When choosing an app, you want to avoid apps that are hard to use by your team members and you. In virtual events, if a problem occurs, users will be harder on themselves and less likely to reach out for help if they have to navigate their way through an unfamiliar interface.
– Seamless integration: Look for apps that can seamlessly integrate with your existing virtual event platforms for the proper execution of the virtual event planning process. Do you already have a website, ticketing system, or social media accounts? These might be the best options for integrating your app, as they will already have an existing infrastructure in place to handle all of these functions.
WebMOBI is an all-in-one event management software for hybrid events, which is a combination of both the physical event and the virtual event platforms. The WebMOBI event management software will help the event organizers in registrations and check-ins, boosting the audience engagement through interactive tools such as live polls, live trivia quizzes, Q and A sessions, and word clouds.
The WebMOBI mobile app directly enables you to live stream to the virtual event platforms. The live stream feature enables you to reach a wider audience. The best part is that you can use the app for multistreaming your virtual events on multiple social media platforms supporting custom RTMP such as FaceBook Live, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitch, and YouTube Live.
Another benefit of WebMOBI as a virtual event platform is that it has amazing customer service for your help. The pricing plans are budget-friendly. All you need to have is an active internet connection.
In conclusion, when planning a virtual event, it is important to think about the logistics involved. By following the tips in this article, you can make sure your event goes smoothly and is a success.
Virtual event platforms are a great way to save time and money while still providing a great experience for your attendees. By planning and preparing for your virtual event well through the event logistics, you can ensure that it is a success.
Event planning can be a daunting task, but with the help of a hybrid event checklist, it can be made easier. This document outlines key steps to planning and promoting an event, from defining the scope of the event to creating a budget. The checklist also includes tips for pulling off a successful event, from organizing a guest list to creating a promotional plan. By following these steps, anyone can successfully organize and execute an event.
Benefits of having a hybrid event checklist
By using a hybrid event checklist in an event, you can be sure that you have accounted for all the important details of your event, both big and small. Here are some of the benefits of using a hybrid event checklist:
1. Hybrid event planning: The hybrid event checklist helps you plan for every eventuality. No matter how well you plan an event, there are always unexpected things that come up. A hybrid event checklist will help you plan for every possible scenario so that you are prepared for anything that might happen on the event platform.
2. Event solution: The hybrid event checklist helps you avoid last-minute problems. With a hybrid event checklist, you will know exactly what is required at each stage of the event and can avoid last-minute problems that might arise.
3. Internal communication: It improves communication between team members. You can use a hybrid event checklist to communicate with other team members and make sure that everyone knows what they have to do on the event platform. It helps you reduce stress levels by simplifying the event management process.
4. Co-ordination: Ensures that all aspects of the event are coordinated, from the online registration process to the on-site activities.
5. Future event strategy: Allowing organizers to track which aspects of the event were most successful and which ones need improvement.
BEFORE THE EVENT
1. Event format planning and Choosing elements for the virtual event platform
This includes live-streaming and recording videos before the event and also choosing between the event formats: virtual events and hybrid events. It also includes the duration of the event. For example, if the audience members are situated in different geographical regions, due to the difference in time zones the audience members might be unable to join the virtual event platform in that particular event schedule, so pre-recorded content can be arranged.
This also includes selecting the elements of the hybrid meeting and in what format it can be conducted, which includes webinars, meeting sessions, meeting with moderation, automation videos, pre-recorded videos, live polls, surveys, and Q&A format, and events analytics.
2. Target Audience members and key selling points
It’s important to keep the target audience members in mind while planning any live event, especially the virtual event attendees or hybrid one. The important part of the event planning process is the type of event, audience, and how to create the event buzz and make it a collaborative event.
If it is an international audience then it might be more appropriate to have a hybrid event where the international audience members can join through the virtual platform. For localized events, the event organizers can even plan the event in person.
3. Event Modules
It’s important to identify the modules to be used for deployment as well as the type of sessions for the event and the planning of the concurrent sessions. To be clear on the types of sessions, there are– Meetings, Meetings with Moderations, and Webinars and there are pre-recorded sessions followed by live sessions. For mobile apps, all modules can lead to more engagement like activity feeds or public-private groups on specific topics for engagement amongst the audience.
4. Content Distribution Strategy
Content can be chosen to be made public or can be transformed into gated content and it can be restricted to all except registered users, the clients will be given the freedom to select between those options. Different content can be added for different types of tickets and the attendees have an option to procure content from the event portal.
5. Choice of event type – Virtual, Hybrid, or Physical event
Before organizing an event, the type of event that is best suitable should be finalized, an event can be virtual, that is completely online and hybrid which has both elements of hybrid and virtual, in-person events are remote events. webMOBI offers a platform for both virtual and hybrid events.
6. Selection of an immersive platform with 3D experience
For larger events, the organizers can choose to conduct an immersive 3D event. It can contain exhibitors, an auditorium, and different rooms similar to a 3D environment. The system is a customized solution, and it gives you a lot of control over content dissemination. Speaker booths can be held in a 3D environment where content can be showcased, this can offer a lot of engagement for beginners.
The list of features in such events includes: having a 3D avatar for each of the attendees and the speakers to boost the engagement opportunities.
7. Budget Planning
The checklist of the events includes a list of costs that are to be associated with the event planning side. These costs include live podcast costs, speaker costs, or any promotional costs. Covering the in-person particulars; the costs included are the on-site costs, venue costs, and many more mentioned in the checklist which could be marked before the event.
Email marketing software to create buzz, event management software, a mobile app, interpreter services to show translation across different languages, captions generation, speaker and boosting engagement opportunities through attendee interaction tools like slack or audience engagement tools for making it a collaborative event and enhancing the hybrid experience, and a speaker presentation.
To develop familiarity with the event management software along with platforms and interfaces, multiple dry runs can be conducted for the speaker before the event. This can troubleshoot bugs and detect them before the event which will further smoothen the handling of the event. The speaker can make any changes and adjustments as per their requirement in the dry run.
DURING THE EVENT
1. Streaming platform
Depending on the type of session and the type of audience you should connect to different streaming services such as Zoom, Vimeo, Cisco, and Webex or webMOBI native streaming services.
2. Audience Engagement
Make sure the attendees who attend virtually or event in the physical event location stay engaged by making use of engagement tools like Live Polls, Q&A, surveys, gamification, and social media. The virtual attendees must have a way to interact with each other on the virtual platform. It is necessary for having a successful experience.
The audience can plan out Gamification strategies like photo contests or department-based competitions for the most engaged audience. Attendees can ask questions and others upvote so it can enable more focused discussions and speakers will know which questions to focus on in a limited time. Conduct live polls and surveys to capture feedback during the event to the broad audience.
3. Networking and Lead Generation for Exhibitors and Sponsors
It is important from the exhibitors’ perspective to define the live feeds and in case the live feeds are done there is backup recorded information that can be added for the audience to preview. Also, register interest to capture leads for the event and check-in reports gauging interest
4. Concurrent Sessions
The checklist also provides some of the requisites for concurrent sessions which could be organized during the main event. The requirement of a moderator is at the discretion of the organizer. The checklist also provides information about how the attendees could be managed during these concurrent sessions.
5. Mute/unmute and disable/enable video of participants accordingly
A virtual event can lead to a lot of commotion, but with our platform, there is a smooth transition and flow in the events as the organizers can mute and unmute the audio of the speakers and disable and enable the video of participants.
6. Collect and moderate online Q&A
webMOBI can collect engagement and analyze data such as attendance per session, duration of their attendance, and more. This can help build the profile of an attendee, the Q&A data also helps understand the overall agenda of the event.
7. Early Start and Communication Planning
It is important to have a communication channel for the speakers and hybrid event moderators to connect via tools like Slack for real-time communication. Additionally, it’s good to have 5-minute breaks after each session for enabling a smoother transition from one session to the other.
8. Manage Logistics
The checklist also provides updates on all the behind-the-scenes actions for the event which includes leveraging analytics for managing registration forms/number of leads generated, referrals tracked, sorting the attendee details, filtering FAQs, or solving queries through the chatbot. It also shows how the exhibitor wants to present the event, i.e., audio-only/video only, virtual maps for attendees, etc
Attendees will also be provided with guides to browse through the interface to ensure they’re familiar with the same. The checklist hence provides a list of sources that could be helpful to the audience.
10. Online Support
To ease the experience of the event, speakers can go through a help desk or live support to test their audio and video connections. The attendees can also navigate through the event with the help of a live text chat.
AFTER THE EVENT
1. Audience feedback surveys
One of the most important post-event activities is collecting feedback, this helps understand the response to the event and the success rate of the event, it also helps the organizer learn from their mistakes and achieve targets in the future events. The checklist thus offers a feedback template that could be helpful for the event organizer for event management and planning the marketing strategy. as well. It is beneficial for planning to create the event buzz for upcoming hybrid meetings and events.
2. Reporting and Analytics
Get all the analytics and reporting from all the tools to check which sessions were more popular than others, overall feedback, and speaker feedback. Getting the right kind of analytics, and which metrics to be tracked is important to enhance the hybrid experience further.
3. Remember to show gratitude
After the event, follow up with the speakers, moderators, and volunteers and express your gratitude and thank them for the efforts they dedicated to the hybrid meetings and events. It helps in brand building. Also, check up on sponsors and thank them for their support. It will help in attracting sponsors for future hybrid meetings and live events.
4. Post-Event Activity
The planning checklist consists of post-event activities that are beneficial for hosting hybrid events in the future. The checklist also covers how the users experienced the interface and their feedback given in the forms, we analyze the data that is gathered to enrich the experience with every session.
5. Permanent Access to the Event
After the hybrid event is completed, the organizers will be furnished with a recording of the event which can be sent to the attendees who were unable to attend the event, it can also be used as a benchmark and the organizers can incorporate elements from this event into other events they organize in the future.
Other than these features, the checklist offers several other features which include payment activities, and live polls. surveys as well as promotional activities to create event buzz.
The option for streaming through RTMP is also attached, making the checklist more diverse and convenient, since the organizers could map their requirements for the RTMP encoder – whether hardware or software.
In conclusion, planning a hybrid event can be a daunting task, but with careful thought and execution, it can be a successful and profitable venture. Use the hybrid event checklist provided to make sure you don’t forget any important details and be sure to promote your event well in advance. Finally, be prepared for the unexpected and make sure you have a plan B ready to go. With these tips, your hybrid event will be a smashing success!
It’s essential in the era of pandemics to protect the health and well-being of all who attend your in-person events. The COVID19 pandemic has introduced a revolution in the events industry. The traditional event planning process has become obsolete. The modern events industry has made it its mission to be agile and quickly adapt to changes and adopt new processes for safer in-person events.
In this post, we will discuss some of the ways you can do this. One of the most important things is to make sure that all of your guests are up-to-date on their vaccinations, and that they are aware of any risks associated with the in-person events. You should also have a plan in place for dealing with any potential outbreaks, including having plenty of supplies on hand and making sure that all of your staff is properly trained in how to deal with them in the in-person events. Finally, make sure to promote healthy behaviors among your guests during the in-person events such as washing their hands regularly and avoiding close contact with others if they are feeling ill.
Importance of taking precautions while conducting events
As the covid pandemic continues to spread, many people are taking precautions to avoid getting sick. Event organizers should also take precautions to protect their attendees. Here are some of the benefits of taking precautions during and after the covid pandemic:
1. Attendees protection: Reducing the risk of exposure to covid. By taking precautions, event organizers can reduce the risk of exposure to covid for both themselves and their attendees. This can help minimize the spread of the virus.
2. Employee protection: Protecting your employees. By taking precautions, you can help protect your employees from getting sick and being forced to miss work
3. Event protection: Protecting your event. By taking precautions, you can help protect your event from being shut down or canceled due to the spread of covid. This could prevent other people from getting sick and missing out on an event.
4. Minimize cancellations: Minimizing cancellations and disruptions. By taking precautions, you can help minimize the number of cancellations and disruptions that occur as a result of the pandemic.
5. Protection against legal action: It can help to protect you from legal action. If something does go wrong at your event, you could be held liable if you have not taken proper precautions.
Essential safety measures during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
Event organizing and risk assessment during and after a pandemic is something that needs to be dealt with, with utmost vigilance and responsibility. Although the events cannot be conducted with the same zeal as before due to the restrictions, following these precautions would still make a viable event and better risk management.
Tip 1) Limit the number of attendees
It is essential to note that with an active pandemic, the event professionals should ensure that the people can follow the social distancing measures. The social distancing measures are the first step of risk management. Therefore, the ideal number of individuals should be chosen so that they can maintain a social distance of 6 feet from each other.
Fewer guests mean that it’s also easy to keep a track of their travel history to curtail the spread of the disease. Limiting and scaling down the number of people prevents crowding. The duration of the meetings also needs to be kept in mind and they need to be kept short.
Tip 2) Make sanitary equipment compulsory
The guests and organizers, both need to have access to sanitary equipment at all times at the event platform. The guests need to be provided with alcohol-based hand sanitizers immediately after registration. The event should also have appointed sanitation sites that have access to sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, tissues, gloves, and masks.
Wear face coverings and gloves should also be made compulsory as a part of prevention measures. Technological equipment used to present such as microphones, tablets, and iPads also need to be disinfected after each use. Thermal scanning equipment can be installed at entry points to check for symptoms.
Tip 3) Sanitize the venue
The venue determines the outcome of the event, to prevent crowding and contagion, a large venue is ideal so that the individuals can maintain 6 feet distance. Outdoor space or a place with several windows is also beneficial for airflow. A spacious venue ensures that there’s ample distance between each guest. Strict guidelines laid down by the CDC and WHO need to be followed. It should also be ensured that enclosed spaces such as lavatories which are a haven for the spread of the virus are sanitized. The venue should also have closed dustbins to dispose of the waste.
Tip 4) Create a precaution plan
To have a successful event during a pandemic, there needs to be diligent planning. Establishing efficient communication channels is extremely important to keep track of all the guests and individuals in the event. If the monitoring is successful the information can also be shared with health officials. It is important to check the double vaccination status of the participants. Checking the vaccination status is one of the widely used prevention measures.
Creating a health policy before the event and mailing it to the attendees is also resourceful so that they are aware of the various rules and regulations in the event, for example, specifying before the event that the attendees should not shake hands or hug to greet is more helpful than letting them know during the event. Think about setting up a contact tracing log to examine if the guest has come in contact with the virus.
Tip 5) Consult public health officials
No matter how systematically things are planned and appropriate hygienic standards are taken, some things are beyond control and it is imperative to have medical professionals on board before planning an event. The local authority must be consulted.
Every individual attending the event must provide their contact details so they can be relayed to the health officials in case of emergencies. The attendees must also be provided with the contact details of the health officials and other health hotline numbers. It is resourceful to have an onsite crisis response team as well.
The emergence of hybrid events post-pandemic
The covid-19 pandemic has become one of the greatest problems for the events industry. Events such as conferences, corporate events, trade shows, and meetings have been canceled or postponed due to concerns about the spread of the virus. This has stranded event planners needing to figure out how to proceed with their corporate event planning. Many event planners have considered rescheduling their events or going for hybrid events rather than the traditional in-person events.
Typically, a hybrid event combines online events and in-person events. You can do this in several ways, such as requiring all attendees to join a conference call or an online meeting or having some people attend in person while the rest are held remotely. The advantage of hybrid live events is that they can be customized for every type of event, and they allow event professionals to conform the experience to the needs of each event.
Here are 5 reasons for considering hybrid events in the post covid19 pandemic era:
1. Increased virtual engagement: By incorporating both online events and in-person elements, hybrid events provide event attendees with more opportunities to engage with each other through online social interactions, live videos, and other content. This increased audience engagement can help build stronger relationships within teams and organizations, provide excellent virtual experiences to the event attendees, as well as increase attendance at future events.
2. Increased flexibility: Participants can customize their virtual experiences by choosing which elements of the hybrid event platform they would like to attend. By utilizing hybrid event platforms, organizations and business owners can get more out of a limited budget while still providing participants with the flexibility to attend whichever portions of the event best suit their needs.
3. Control: The business owners have greater control over budgets and ROI Participants have more control over their budgets because they can choose to attend any portions of the event that matter to them.
4. Increased accessibility: Participants can attend events that are in more convenient locations for them, and can often get better rates by choosing to visit hybrid events.
5. Greater reach: With so many people now finding working from home to be a great option, hybrid events offer a way for businesses and organizations to connect with a larger audience than the traditional in-person events as they would be able to reach through live videos and online social interactions.
Additionally, in-person events are advisable only if they are necessary, otherwise, people can migrate to virtual events or hybrid events which is a combination of in-person events and virtual events. Hybrid events are the best of both worlds since the attendees can choose to attend remotely or virtually. The advantage of this approach is that it ensures more coverage. Hybrid events make in-person events safer as one can provide multiple options for the attendees to choose from to access the event remotely reducing in-person attendance. By following these tips, you can help ensure that your in-person events are safe and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Webmobi.com offers a hybrid event platform that delivers all of the key elements guests want to see in events while still complying with health and safety requirements. To schedule a meeting and know more contact us to schedule a demo.