Completely dedicated to share thoughts, ideas and desires through images solely, the Instagram app not only connects people through visuals but also has the capability to act as a strong marketing tool. Here are some effective ways through which you as an event organizer can leverage Instagram.
Instagram predominantly thrives on the usage of hashtags. The addition of hashtags to your photos is a great way to find new followers and new users to discover you. To understand the functionality of hashtags, one needs to keep in mind certain pertinent things.
- Ensure that the hashtags that you include are pertaining to the theme of your event. Be specific while you key in the tags so that you can connect to people with similar interests. You will be able to establish the nexus between your event and your prospective attendees through the Instagram hashtags.
- Hashtags like #event or #picture will be very vague and may not simply fetch you followers. If you add more specific as well as pertinent hashtags that includes your event name, goal, vision etc., the chances of people following your event will be amplified.
Feature your Fans
Get your attendees featured on your Event by asking them to post pictures of their best moments during the event or what they feel about an upcoming event. This would establish an emotional connection between attendees and your event thereby forming loyal attendees.
Understand the Trend
Beyond all your promotional strategies and activities the results are largely dependent on the numbers. To keep a track on intricate details like which post was well received, which picture did not have much reach, tools such as ‘Simply Measured’ and ‘Seen Insight’ will be extremely useful. Tactically identify the attendee interests and target your posts such that it adjures engagement.
- Intrigue your attendees and increase their involvement by conducting contests. The competent attitude will also act as an impetus for them to be engaged in your event through Instagram.
- The contests that you host may be as simple as making your attendees post a photo of themselves with your event’s/ organization’s logo or the event tickets including the trending hashtag of your event. When the contest concludes, choose the attendee with most creative picture or anyone randomly and give away prizes like a free pass to your event or an extra ticket etc. Through such entertaining activities you will be able to engage your attendees easily.
Post Event Promotional Photos
- As we know the traditional way of posting photos on Instagram by itself creates a lot of talk in the town and gets many views.
- Post photos of the agenda of your event thereby conveying your event’s theme to prospective audience
- Share photos of your event Schedule, Delegate details and most importantly a Poster of your Event Keynote Speaker.
- If there are any celebrities or renowned people who are going to attend your event, make posters and share it on Instagram tagging your event name and the celebrity’s name. Get fame through people with pre-existing stardom.
- Keep posting images of your event before, during and after the event so as to keep your attendees updated and that everything about the event is in action.
Surveys and statistics show that more than 21% of all the adults present in the US use Instagram with a majority of the users logging in on a daily basis. As the 8th ranked photo sharing app, Instagram has over 400 million monthly active accounts. Every single bit of social media exposure matters and hence Instagram is a highly recommended visual tool for marketing your event.