Organising an event and making it successful is a resilient task. Post the event, all an event planner or the event organiser wants people to keep talking about your event; and if they’re doing so, one would curious to know what they are talking about! Is it appreciation or criticism?
Referral Marketing is the key to increasing the number of attendees. Referral marketing can get your attendees to promote your event through all possible channels and spread positive remarks about your event to capture more people behest to them. Imagine random people helping with the process of marketing for your organisation! That would be a phase where you would not have to invest in any other form of marketing.
Below are the FAQ about Referral Marketing
- How to create a successful referral marketing campaign?
A referral marketing campaign revolves around the point that the referrer must be benefited, which means the person performing the marketing for you should be rewarded in some form or the other so that it acts as an impetus for that individual to continue with the process.
- Should the incentives be in the form of cash?
Not necessarily. The speciality of referral marketing is that it has the power to bring back the long lost barter system. Most successful organisations that follow referral marketing do not promise incentives in the form of cash. In turn, they offer coupons, discounts, gifts, and goodies, etc. that are related to the organisation itself.
- What are the examples of referral marketing?
Call taxis like Uber and Ola follow a referral system that allows you to generate a link through their mobile apps, which is unique to you. If you pass on this link to your contacts and if they download the app they get a discount for their first ride, and if they use the ride you get double the discount as a reward for a successful referral.
- Do these discounts or incentives bring any loss to the firm?
The incentives given will be accounted for by the increase in the customer base and the subsequent purchase or subscription to a product or service. It is bound to expand the target market and increase revenue shortly.
- How to implement referral marketing for my event?
- QR codes on registration cards that are unique to an attendee, using which he or she can start hunting for more attendees.
- Online referral program that involves attendee generated unique links; through which their contacts can register for your event.
The implementation of this model must ensure that the referrer is recognised and validated so that he can be rewarded accordingly.
- What form of incentives can I offer my attendees/referrers?
- Discount coupons for your upcoming event
- A lunch pass at your event (free and delicious food is always welcome)
- Free passes to your event for the best referrer (maximum successful referrals)
- A selfie or picture with the celebrity or renowned personality invited for your event
- A marketing job at your event management firm for the best referrers
Referral marketing deliberately encourages your customers to advertise for you. It creates a win-win-win situation unlike a win-win situation for you (the business) and the referrer and the person referred are benefited from this fantastic scheme.