Virtual Event Logistics in 2021
A crucial element of event management is managing logistics, it ensures competent management and also allows people do to multiple tasks, to come up with an effective event logistics plan, understanding the different components of it, is imperative.
A logistics plan aims to provide professional logistical support in preparation for the event to make sure the event runs seamlessly. It requires integrated planning and includes merchandise, transport, and food. It also amplifies cost-effectiveness.
There are various aspects to logistics such as venue, transportation, and scheduling. They can be divided into:
Before the Virtual Event
- Registrations – This is a crucial element of roping in attendees and therefore a comfortable user experience should be a priority, it should not take more than 5 minutes for the users to share their contact information such as name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Payment – Offering multiple payment options is not only convenient for the user but also acknowledges the legitimacy of the service; if there are multiple options, even international users can host an event using the service.
- Time zones – It is essential to keep time zones in mind while planning a virtual event since attendees can be from all over the world, arranging and hosting an event that is accessible and convenient for all is a key factor in event management. An easy way to ensure that the meeting hours of the attendees is convenient is to consult tools like the World Clock Meeting Planner.
- Invitations – Designing attention-seeking invitations is a very effective way to garner more attendance in the events, a well-designed invitation should contain relevant information but should also be easy on the eyes. It also helps promote the service as people are more likely to check out a service that has well-designed invitations to host their event rather than a service that designs dull invitations.
- Scheduling – Preparing a thorough schedule integrated with event strategies and mapping a direction for the event ensures that the event is fluid. Designing the structure includes allotting time for keynote speakers or guests, workshops, along with a Q&A session.
During the Virtual Event
- Equipment – Having appropriate and functioning gear and equipment is the foundation for a good virtual event, working cameras, and microphones for all the speakers, conducting trial runs to check if the equipment is functioning is also very important. Hybrid events will also require large speakers so that everyone present remotely can listen to the speakers.
- Virtual Lounge – Creating a virtual lounge also simulates an in-person event, attendees can connect using chat or video, this also diversifies the event and allows the participants to catch a breath of fresh air.
- Polls and Surveys – Integrating polls, quizzes, and surveys into the event make sure that the participants are involved in the meeting and it isn’t just a one-way street. This will require some analysis as to where to integrate it into the session.
- Pre-Recorded Sessions – This can be an efficient way to manage time and ensure smooth sailing of the event, the speakers can record footage before the event starts and integrate it into the event, it also provides an outline for the rest of the event.
- Engagement – Another way to simulate an in-person event is to make sure that the attendees are interacting with each other and sharing their thoughts in the event, the chat feature is a very simple way to maximize engagement. Attendees can also be encouraged to share their experiences of the event on social media and other platforms.
After the Virtual Event
- Feedback – Asking the participants for their feedback in various areas such as speakers, topics, and other technical elements showcases not only the room for improvement but also the concern the company has towards organizing the event.
- Access to the Content – The organizers should have other amenities after the event is over, for example, they need to access the event and the contents of the event. They should also be allowed to repurpose the content.
In order to navigate the logistics of the event, every intricate detail needs to be carefully curated. Specifically with virtual and hybrid events, while planning the logistics one must have a good understanding of technology. To learn more about us, please visit out facebook page.